Welcome to The LandOfOoo
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Eating Ooo

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

LouaiB

LouaiB
  • Adventurer
  • 511 posts
I love the prize idea!

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

Very cool! Are there any snippet views available online? I'd love to take a sneak peek.

Hey GunterFan, I was able to post a couple images from the book here to give you a sneak peek: http://www.amazon.co...img_see_all_txt

LouaiB

LouaiB
  • Adventurer
  • 511 posts

Hey GunterFan, I was able to post a couple images from the book here to give you a sneak peek: http://www.amazon.co...img_see_all_txt

Awesome!
That pie looks wooow! And I love the art!

lena

lena
  • Adventurer
  • 47 posts

This is going to be the best cookbook I have EVER owned. Not even the freakin Hershey ultimate cookbook will be beat this.

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

Hey Lena. The book is already out. You can buy it on Amazon. Just search for Eating Ooo and it will lead you right to it. I hope you like it, I spent a long time working on it. 

lena

lena
  • Adventurer
  • 47 posts

Thanks for writing it! I'm really excited to order.

lulamee

lulamee
  • Adventurer
  • 10 posts

This book seems to be really awesome! Can't wait to taste Ooo's recipes :)

But I don't see Jake's perfect sandwich!!?

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

This book seems to be really awesome! Can't wait to taste Ooo's recipes :)

But I don't see Jake's perfect sandwich!!?

Lulamee, I really hope you like the book. You are right. The time sandwich is not in the book. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't get the soul of a lobster to come out right. 

MilleniumLuigi

MilleniumLuigi
  • Adventurer
  • 121 posts

Lulamee, I really hope you like the book. You are right. The time sandwich is not in the book. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't get the soul of a lobster to come out right. 

Have you tried burning an effegy, and using your magic wizard powers to extract the soul, then use a normal electric fn to blow it into the sandwich? I heard that works sometimes.

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

Have you tried burning an effegy, and using your magic wizard powers to extract the soul, then use a normal electric fn to blow it into the sandwich? I heard that works sometimes.

I tried that, but it just ended up tasting like old lettuce. I even tried hiring the old short lady from Poltergeist who pulled the little girl from the TV, but still no luck!

AdventureTimeMaster

AdventureTimeMaster
  • Adventurer
  • 197 posts
I must get this!

Hunson Abadeer

Hunson Abadeer
  • Adventurer
  • 23 posts

I thought making Bacon Pancakes was rather rudimentary. Well, there's obviously a greater diversity to Ooo-ian cuisine. I'll definitely sneak in and purchase one.

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

I must get this!

Please do! As much as I think you'll like the recipes, I don't want to take anything away from the amazing artists who participated in the book as well!

I thought making Bacon Pancakes was rather rudimentary. Well, there's obviously a greater diversity to Ooo-ian cuisine. I'll definitely sneak in and purchase one.

Bacon Pancakes are just the beginning. The book's got everything from Soy People and Tree Trunks' Apple Pie, to Wildberry Princess' Meat Pies (filled with Guinness braised short ribs) and even a recipe on how to make your very own, whole, stuffed Ricardio!

Hunson Abadeer

Hunson Abadeer
  • Adventurer
  • 23 posts

Don't worry, my friend, I don't doubt the amount of work and love that went into this. I was just making a joke. Oh, and I'm definitely going to pick it up to-morrow!

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

Don't worry, my friend, I don't doubt the amount of work and love that went into this. I was just making a joke. Oh, and I'm definitely going to pick it up to-morrow!

Excellent. I hope you love it! ... and give it a five star review on amazon :)

AdventureTimeMaster

AdventureTimeMaster
  • Adventurer
  • 197 posts
Just ordered it now! Maybe there will be another cooking book somewhen?

I can't wait to try TreeTrunk's Apple Pie!

MilleniumLuigi

MilleniumLuigi
  • Adventurer
  • 121 posts

I tried that, but it just ended up tasting like old lettuce. I even tried hiring the old short lady from Poltergeist who pulled the little girl from the TV, but still no luck!

Dang. Are you sure you just didn't have a defective lobster?

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

Just ordered it now! Maybe there will be another cooking book somewhen?

I can't wait to try TreeTrunk's Apple Pie!

I'd love to do another.It all depends on how well the first one sells, so be sure to tell all your friends to pick up a copy :)

Dang. Are you sure you just didn't have a defective lobster?

I thought about that too, but I tried out several different lobsters. I think it might be very possible that they just don't actually have souls!

lulamee

lulamee
  • Adventurer
  • 10 posts

Ha ha poor lobster dying for science of Ooo food!!

I'm hoping to get these book soon but is there any weird ingredients you american people use in the recipies? Like "cream cheese" (we've got lots of cheese and some are creamy but what is that?)or "buttermilk" (WTF is that thing!!? butter or milk? both?!)?

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

Ha ha poor lobster dying for science of Ooo food!!

I'm hoping to get these book soon but is there any weird ingredients you american people use in the recipies? Like "cream cheese" (we've got lots of cheese and some are creamy but what is that?)or "buttermilk" (WTF is that thing!!? butter or milk? both?!)?

Let me help you out here. 

Cream cheese is an Americanized version of the french cheese - Neufch√Ętel. The only real difference is that cream cheese has a higher fat content, so it is slightly richer. 

Buttermilk is the milk left over after the butter making process. It's slightly tangy in taste and it is very good in baking (and pancakes.  I did a little research and people online have said that you can find it in the following places:

- Sainsburys , its in a blue and white container near the milk section

Asda, near the yogurt

Tesco it's in the milk isle in a blue container

- I tried to create recipes with accessible ingredients and I don't think that you'll come across too many that aren't available in the UK. If you do come across any more questions, just let me know and I'll come up with substitutions for you.