Welcome to The LandOfOoo
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Eating Ooo

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

LouaiB

LouaiB
  • Adventurer
  • 510 posts
Eating Ooo:: Recipes and Art inspired by Pendleton Ward's Adventure Time

This book is brand new! It is an AT inspired cookbook! You have to check it out, it is very awesome! You can order it from Amazon.
It also has a lot of arts that are just beautiful!

GunterFan

GunterFan

Marceline's Henchman

• Hero
  • 3,581 posts

Very cool! Are there any snippet views available online? I'd love to take a sneak peek.

LouaiB

LouaiB
  • Adventurer
  • 510 posts

Very cool! Are there any snippet views available online? I'd love to take a sneak peek.

Well, I'm not sure.
Sorry

Mordecai626

Mordecai626

• 29,766 posts

No, but here's a link: http://www.amazon.co...ords=eating ooo

Sophie

Sophie

Bubbline Queen

• Hero
  • 3,686 posts

Thanks for the info - this sounds great! I know it's online and some people actually recreated it, but I wonder if they'll share Jake's 'everything burrito' recipe. :tongue: Am guessing there will be a bacon pancake one, too. I wanna try PB's perfect sandwich!

Gonxa

Gonxa

Not amused

• Adventurer
  • 923 posts

I googled ''Eating Ooo''. The results I got where .... unexpected.

Mordecai626

Mordecai626

• 29,766 posts

I googled ''Eating Ooo''. The results I got where .... unexpected.

The first thing that came up for me was this thread. The second was the Amazon thing. Not sure what you Googled...

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

HI all, I'm the author of the book. Huge thanks to LouaiB for posting about this last night. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about it. Just let me know. 

It just went up on Amazon yesterday morning. I'm not quite sure how to add the additional images to the sales listing. I'm hoping to have that figured out in a day or two. 

Sophie

Sophie

Bubbline Queen

• Hero
  • 3,686 posts

HI all, I'm the author of the book. Huge thanks to LouaiB for posting about this last night. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have about it. Just let me know. 

It just went up on Amazon yesterday morning. I'm not quite sure how to add the additional images to the sales listing. I'm hoping to have that figured out in a day or two. 

That's awesome! Thanks for offering to answer our questions :) What is your favourite Ooo recipe out of them all? :D

I'll definitely be buying this book if it's available on UK Amazon!

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

Thanks for the info - this sounds great! I know it's online and some people actually recreated it, but I wonder if they'll share Jake's 'everything burrito' recipe. :tongue: Am guessing there will be a bacon pancake one, too. I wanna try PB's perfect sandwich!

Hi Sophie, I promise you that all my recipes are not what people have been posting online. You guessed right about the bacon pancakes and the Everything Burrito. Sadly, PB's perfect sandwich didn't make the cut.   I wanted to make a cookbook that had real cooking in it. PB's sandwich is really just about construction, not cooking. That said, here are a few of the other recipes that are in the book:

Marceline's Fries

Tree Trunks' Mile High Apple Pie

Wildberry Princess' Meat Pie  (Guinness braised short ribs in a homemade pastry crust)

Jake's Instant Ice Cream

"The Pods" inspired Triple scoop Ice Cream Mochi Pod

BMO's Chicken Lorraine Pizza

Finn's Root Sword Baguette

Ice King's Animal Shaped Chicken Nuggets

Honey Energy Drink

And a ton more!

That's awesome! Thanks for offering to answer our questions :) What is your favourite Ooo recipe out of them all? :D

I'll definitely be buying this book if it's available on UK Amazon!

It really depends on my mood. Right now, it is probably between Wildberry Princess' Meat Pies and the Mac and Cheezles (Chorizo mac and cheese stuffed poblano peppers)

Sophie

Sophie

Bubbline Queen

• Hero
  • 3,686 posts

Hi Sophie, I promise you that all my recipes are not what people have been posting online. You guessed right about the bacon pancakes and the Everything Burrito. Sadly, PB's perfect sandwich didn't make the cut.   I wanted to make a cookbook that had real cooking in it. PB's sandwich is really just about construction, not cooking. That said, here are a few of the other recipes that are in the book:

Marceline's Fries

Tree Trunks' Mile High Apple Pie

Wildberry Princess' Meat Pie  (Guinness braised short ribs in a homemade pastry crust)

Jake's Instant Ice Cream

"The Pods" inspired Triple scoop Ice Cream Mochi Pod

BMO's Chicken Lorraine Pizza

Finn's Root Sword Baguette

Ice King's Animal Shaped Chicken Nuggets

Honey Energy Drink

And a ton more!

Thanks for replying! Oh yeah, no worries - I didn't think you would've written ones up from the internet, hehe. That sounds absolutely great. I'm intrigued about the "BMO's Chicken Lorraine Pizza" and I immediately pictured the "Ice King's Animal Shaped Chicken Nuggets" when I heard about the book in the first place. :D

Good luck with the book, i'll be ordering my copy for sure. Is it available to buy in England, by the way?

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

Thanks for replying! Oh yeah, no worries - I didn't think you would've written ones up from the internet, hehe. That sounds absolutely great. I'm intrigued about the "BMO's Chicken Lorraine Pizza" and I immediately pictured the "Ice King's Animal Shaped Chicken Nuggets" when I heard about the book in the first place. :D

Good luck with the book, i'll be ordering my copy for sure. Is it available to buy in England, by the way?

The Chicken Lorraine is based around what BMO said in the BMO Noir episode. He said that Lorraine was hot like a pizza supper. So, with that in mind, i took the basic parts of a quiche Lorraine, spiced them up and made a pizza with a spicy sauce, chicken, bacon, and fontina cheese. 

I just checked and it is up on Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co...ords=eating ooo

Sophie

Sophie

Bubbline Queen

• Hero
  • 3,686 posts

The Chicken Lorraine is based around what BMO said in the BMO Noir episode. He said that Lorraine was hot like a pizza supper. So, with that in mind, i took the basic parts of a quiche Lorraine, spiced them up and made a pizza with a spicy sauce, chicken, bacon, and fontina cheese. 

I just checked and it is up on Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co...ords=eating ooo

One of my favourite BMO quotes. :)

Brilliant, thanks for the link.

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

I'm trying to figure out who to talk to on the site about possibly giving a few copies away as prizes to the Landofooo community. 

Sophie

Sophie

Bubbline Queen

• Hero
  • 3,686 posts

I'm trying to figure out who to talk to on the site about possibly giving a few copies away as prizes to the Landofooo community. 

That's really nice of you, what a great idea! I suggest perhaps messaging Tom with your suggestion. :)

GunterFan

GunterFan

Marceline's Henchman

• Hero
  • 3,581 posts

Yeah, what Sophie said. Tom is your man. Also, the forum is doing a raffle to raise funds to keep the forum going, so your book might be a cool raffle item! :)

Anyway, I'm defs picking this up soon! I want to try to try the BMO pizza and Marceline's fries! :)

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

That's really nice of you, what a great idea! I suggest perhaps messaging Tom with your suggestion. :)

Good call, I'll do that right now. 

Yeah, what Sophie said. Tom is your man. Also, the forum is doing a raffle to raise funds to keep the forum going, so your book might be a cool raffle item! :)

Anyway, I'm defs picking this up soon! I want to try to try the BMO pizza and Marceline's fries! :)

Thanks a lot! I've been working on the book for more than half a year. It's great to know people are getting excited about it.  

One really important thing I don't want to undercut here are the artists who contributed to the book. There's about 15 amazing fan artists who have created and contributed everything you could imagine like plush, paintings, wood burnings, figurines and even cookie cutters. 

Chespin

Chespin
  • Adventurer
  • 169 posts

Nice, I don't really want to get it because I don't cook

EatingOoo

EatingOoo
  • Adventurer
  • 15 posts

Nice, I don't really want to get it because I don't cook

Luke, 

I totally understand. Do you not like to cook or is it just really hard for you? Either way, you might want to still consider picking up a copy. If you don't like cooking, you'll still love the art that is in the book. Meanwhile, if you are not a great cook, I worked extra hard to make sure the recipes are very easy to follow. 

Chespin

Chespin
  • Adventurer
  • 169 posts

Luke, 
I totally understand. Do you not like to cook or is it just really hard for you? Either way, you might want to still consider picking up a copy. If you don't like cooking, you'll still love the art that is in the book. Meanwhile, if you are not a great cook, I worked extra hard to make sure the recipes are very easy to follow.

Ok then