Welcome to The LandOfOoo
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Jesse Moynihan

• Please log in to reply
914 replies to this topic

ranku

ranku

captain of the local finnceline army

• Adventurer
  • 3,759 posts

ummmmmmm. i never thought i would say this, but i'm kinda star struck. i knew i had questions, but i don't remember them now...

DoktorSpeckULashun

DoktorSpeckULashun

Lord and Sovereign of the Bubbline Nation

• Adventurer
  • 10,451 posts

ummmmmmm. i never thought i would say this, but i'm kinda star struck. i knew i had questions, but i don't remember them now...

I know right? So many questions....... 

Tom

Tom
  • Administrator
  • 1,117 posts

Welcome to our community. :)

Jmoyns

Jmoyns
  • Verified Member
  • 35 posts

Hey Jesse, are you gonna retire from writing AT for a while because of the recent stuff that have happened?

I'm not retiring from AT anytime soon. And I don't know what stuff you are referring to.

Well...... uhhh...... we're in the middle of a shipping war. Care to comment on that? 

What aspect of fan shipping do you want me to comment on?

Hooooooly craaaaaap I never realized that you're gonna showed up here!
This is the best thing that ever happened in this forum haha!
Question...hmm...hmm...can you confirm the storyboarder pairing for season 6?

Tom H./Steve W, Andy R./Cole S., Seo K./Somvilay X., Jesse M./random freelancers, occasional offerings by Kent, Pen and Adam. I'm working on a solo board right now.

DoktorSpeckULashun

DoktorSpeckULashun

• Adventurer
  • 10,451 posts

I'm not retiring from AT anytime soon. And I don't know what stuff you are referring to.

What aspect of fan shipping do you want me to comment on?

Tom H./Steve W, Andy R./Cole S., Seo K./Somvilay X., Jesse M./random freelancers, occasional offerings by Kent, Pen and Adam. I'm working on a solo board right now.

I think he's referring to the video you posted on your site. 

What aspects, huh? Hmmm.... Well, I have a feeling you can't answer the Bubbline question, so let's go with this: What are the AT crew's thoughts on fan shipping? If they consider it at all. 

Did Ako leave?

Jmoyns

Jmoyns
  • Verified Member
  • 35 posts

I think he's referring to the video you posted on your site. 

What aspects, huh? Hmmm.... Well, I have a feeling you can't answer the Bubbline question, so let's go with this: What are the AT crew's thoughts on fan shipping? If they consider it at all. 

Did Ako leave?

Ohhh. Yeah I'm just taking a break from my personal comic. I'm still rolling along with AT as well as I can. 

We definitely talk about fan shipping. It's something you can't help but notice if you even glance at the internet. AT has elements of Archie romance in it that is fun to write. When I get an episode like that I actually call it an "Archie episode". I don't know. Maybe I don't quite understand shipping as deeply as some young people on the internet. To me, romance is just a part of life and drama and comedy. If you are a fan of the show, and desire for certain characters to someday get together then that's part of the fun I guess. 

Yes, Ako left. She is still my next door neighbor though. 

IzScha

IzScha

"Found, yet still lost..."

• Adventurer
  • 489 posts

To be honest, I was like this when I knew Jesse was on this site;

meme-wallpapers-159.jpg

Tom

Tom
  • Administrator
  • 1,117 posts

How did you find our community? Do know if others in the staff know about it? :)

DrkZero

DrkZero

Wanderer Ronin

• Adventurer
  • 7,508 posts

Oh... Jesse is here? I am glad to meet you sir. I have no words to express that someone from AT staff is here. Is really exciting.

Jmoyns

Jmoyns
  • Verified Member
  • 35 posts

How did you find our community? Do know if others in the staff know about it? :)

It's embarrassing to admit, but sometimes I Google myself. 

I think Adam Muto looks here sometimes.

DoktorSpeckULashun

DoktorSpeckULashun

• Adventurer
  • 10,451 posts

Ohhh. Yeah I'm just taking a break from my personal comic. I'm still rolling along with AT as well as I can. 

We definitely talk about fan shipping. It's something you can't help but notice if you even glance at the internet. AT has elements of Archie romance in it that is fun to write. When I get an episode like that I actually call it an "Archie episode". I don't know. Maybe I don't quite understand shipping as deeply as some young people on the internet. To me, romance is just a part of life and drama and comedy. If you are a fan of the show, and desire for certain characters to someday get together then that's part of the fun I guess. 

Yes, Ako left. She is still my next door neighbor though. 

The crew is very interactive. I think that's another big appeal for people when it comes to AT. We feel included in some small way. Things like have active twitter and formspring accounts and showing up on forums like LoO are really great for morale. It really is cool having you here. 

It's embarrassing to admit, but sometimes I Google myself. 

I think Adam Muto looks here sometimes.

That's funny. I wonder what he thinks of our speculations. 

Alright, more questions:

Ben Affleck is going to be the next Batman. Thoughts? Speaking of which, how'd you feel about the latest take on the Joker?

Forming - I've read through the whole thing twice since it's come to my attention, and I've noticed something about the art style. I feel like the style is very Mesopotamian. Does that make sense? Like, it's something I would see in Old Babylonian or even Old Egyptian carvings. Considering the content, was that intentional? 

Zoomy

Zoomy

Meow

• Adventurer
  • 1,632 posts

OMG @Jmoyns is here

Hey Jesse who's your favorite character in AT? The character you like writing the most? Your most preferred pairing from these four: (Finn-PB, PB-Marcy, Finn-FP, Finn-Marcy)? Your favorite episode?

Woo

GunterFan

GunterFan

Marceline's Henchman

• Hero Pass Holder
  • 3,188 posts

Wow! Jesse Moynihan in the (cyber)flesh.

I have one question that's been bugging me... Do you know if Frederator will ever post the season 5.2 episode list? If not, I totes understand, I just want to know if it will ever show up.

Also, for season 6 you mentioned that Kent, Pen and Adam will do occasional episodes. Will they just be revising storyboards, or will they straight-up get storyboarding credit?

Anyway, it's so great to see you here!

Jmoyns

Jmoyns
  • Verified Member
  • 35 posts

The crew is very interactive. I think that's another big appeal for people when it comes to AT. We feel included in some small way. Things like have active twitter and formspring accounts and showing up on forums like LoO are really great for morale. It really is cool having you here. 

That's funny. I wonder what he thinks of our speculations. 

Alright, more questions:

Ben Affleck is going to be the next Batman. Thoughts? Speaking of which, how'd you feel about the latest take on the Joker?

Forming - I've read through the whole thing twice since it's come to my attention, and I've noticed something about the art style. I feel like the style is very Mesopotamian. Does that make sense? Like, it's something I would see in Old Babylonian or even Old Egyptian carvings. Considering the content, was that intentional? 

Yeah I wonder what Adam thinks too...

I think Ben Affleck has put in some great performances here and there. He's a capable director as well. He was a **** Daredevil though. I think he's better at playing a Boston bro than an angsty vigilante. I thought Heath Ledger did a great job as the joker. The movie had problems, but I had a good time watching it. That's the joker you're talking about right?

Forming is inspired by Babylonian and Egyptian myths/images so it makes sense that it would give you that feeling although I don't think it's intentional. 

devakto

devakto
  • Adventurer
  • 286 posts

so there's gonna be another guest storyboard artist, still haven't found ako's replacement for official pairing yet?

where and how did they (the crew) find another guy for becoming a freelancer storyboarder? did they just asked some random guy with some art talent to do it or did they have to testing them to do storyboard test before it?

a solo episode by you?? wow, i can't wait!

Jmoyns

Jmoyns
  • Verified Member
  • 35 posts

OMG @Jmoyns is here

Hey Jesse who's your favorite character in AT? The character you like writing the most? Your most preferred pairing from these four: (Finn-PB, PB-Marcy, Finn-FP, Finn-Marcy)? Your favorite episode?

Woo

My favorite character to write for right now is Princess Bubblegum. But I want to work on a Flame Princess episode. I have some ideas. I can't tell you what pairing I prefer as that would lead you to make assumptions about the direction of the show's romance themes. 

Wow! Jesse Moynihan in the (cyber)flesh.

I have one question that's been bugging me... Do you know if Frederator will ever post the season 5.2 episode list? If not, I totes understand, I just want to know if it will ever show up.

Also, for season 6 you mentioned that Kent, Pen and Adam will do occasional episodes. Will they just be revising storyboards, or will they straight-up get storyboarding credit?

Anyway, it's so great to see you here!

I have no idea if Frederator plans on posting episode lists anytime soon. I'm not sure what the deal is. I like it when they post the titles in advance. I don't know why it hasn't happened yet. 

Kent and Pen boarded an episode together. I don't know when it will air. I can't remember. Season 6? Or near the end of Season 5? This is bad info I'm giving. Sorry. 

so there's gonna be another guest storyboard artist, still haven't found ako's replacement for official pairing yet?

where and how did they (the crew) find another guy for becoming a freelancer storyboarder? did they just asked some random guy with some art talent to do it or did they have to testing them to do storyboard test before it?

a solo episode by you?? wow, i can't wait!

There's going to be a bunch of guests working with me. I haven't settled with a permanent partner. I'm doing two boards with Derek Ballard. About a year ago we sent out storyboard tests. I think over 100 people applied for the job. Some people from that hiring process got revisionist gigs and freelance gigs. 

DrkZero

DrkZero

Wanderer Ronin

• Adventurer
  • 7,508 posts

Jmoyns About season 6... it will have the same ammount of chapters of Season 5?

Jmoyns

Jmoyns
  • Verified Member
  • 35 posts

Jmoyns About season 6... it will have the same ammount of chapters of Season 5?

No, Season 6 will be normal size. 

GunterFan

GunterFan

Marceline's Henchman

• Hero Pass Holder
  • 3,188 posts

Were there any super-awesome ideas for episodes that were ever scrapped that you recall?

Also, what was Doug TeNapel's contribution to the "Sons of Mars" script?

Jmoyns

Jmoyns
  • Verified Member
  • 35 posts

Were there any super-awesome ideas for episodes that were ever scrapped that you recall?

Also, what was Doug TeNapel's contribution to the "Sons of Mars" script?

Oh yeah, Doug Tenapel got a writer's credit for that, but I can't remember why. SoM was my idea and I hashed it out with Pen, Kent and Pat. I've never talked to Doug in my life, but maybe there was a story element in it that was seeded from an old idea of Doug's? I'm not sure. Sorry for the bad answer. 

Ideas for the show get thrown around and sometimes they are pretty cool and a whole lot of them get scrapped. Sometimes those scrapped ideas get resurrected though, so I can't really mention them because who knows...

x

Monthly Hosting Bill