Jesse Moynihan

1,005 posts in this topic

Posted

I think he's referring to the video you posted on your site. 

What aspects, huh? Hmmm.... Well, I have a feeling you can't answer the Bubbline question, so let's go with this: What are the AT crew's thoughts on fan shipping? If they consider it at all. 

Did Ako leave?

Ohhh. Yeah I'm just taking a break from my personal comic. I'm still rolling along with AT as well as I can. 

We definitely talk about fan shipping. It's something you can't help but notice if you even glance at the internet. AT has elements of Archie romance in it that is fun to write. When I get an episode like that I actually call it an "Archie episode". I don't know. Maybe I don't quite understand shipping as deeply as some young people on the internet. To me, romance is just a part of life and drama and comedy. If you are a fan of the show, and desire for certain characters to someday get together then that's part of the fun I guess. 

Yes, Ako left. She is still my next door neighbor though. 

Posted

To be honest, I was like this when I knew Jesse was on this site;

meme-wallpapers-159.jpg

Posted

How did you find our community? Do know if others in the staff know about it? :)

Posted

Oh... Jesse is here? I am glad to meet you sir. I have no words to express that someone from AT staff is here. Is really exciting.

Posted

How did you find our community? Do know if others in the staff know about it? :)

It's embarrassing to admit, but sometimes I Google myself. 

I think Adam Muto looks here sometimes.

Posted

Ohhh. Yeah I'm just taking a break from my personal comic. I'm still rolling along with AT as well as I can. 

We definitely talk about fan shipping. It's something you can't help but notice if you even glance at the internet. AT has elements of Archie romance in it that is fun to write. When I get an episode like that I actually call it an "Archie episode". I don't know. Maybe I don't quite understand shipping as deeply as some young people on the internet. To me, romance is just a part of life and drama and comedy. If you are a fan of the show, and desire for certain characters to someday get together then that's part of the fun I guess. 

Yes, Ako left. She is still my next door neighbor though. 

The crew is very interactive. I think that's another big appeal for people when it comes to AT. We feel included in some small way. Things like have active twitter and formspring accounts and showing up on forums like LoO are really great for morale. It really is cool having you here. 

It's embarrassing to admit, but sometimes I Google myself. 

I think Adam Muto looks here sometimes.

That's funny. I wonder what he thinks of our speculations. 

Alright, more questions:

Ben Affleck is going to be the next Batman. Thoughts? Speaking of which, how'd you feel about the latest take on the Joker?

Forming - I've read through the whole thing twice since it's come to my attention, and I've noticed something about the art style. I feel like the style is very Mesopotamian. Does that make sense? Like, it's something I would see in Old Babylonian or even Old Egyptian carvings. Considering the content, was that intentional? 

Posted

OMG @Jmoyns is here

Hey Jesse who's your favorite character in AT? The character you like writing the most? Your most preferred pairing from these four: (Finn-PB, PB-Marcy, Finn-FP, Finn-Marcy)? Your favorite episode?

Woo

2 people brofisted this

Posted

Wow! Jesse Moynihan in the (cyber)flesh.

I have one question that's been bugging me... Do you know if Frederator will ever post the season 5.2 episode list? If not, I totes understand, I just want to know if it will ever show up.

Also, for season 6 you mentioned that Kent, Pen and Adam will do occasional episodes. Will they just be revising storyboards, or will they straight-up get storyboarding credit?

Anyway, it's so great to see you here!

3 people brofisted this

Posted

The crew is very interactive. I think that's another big appeal for people when it comes to AT. We feel included in some small way. Things like have active twitter and formspring accounts and showing up on forums like LoO are really great for morale. It really is cool having you here. 

That's funny. I wonder what he thinks of our speculations. 

Alright, more questions:

Ben Affleck is going to be the next Batman. Thoughts? Speaking of which, how'd you feel about the latest take on the Joker?

Forming - I've read through the whole thing twice since it's come to my attention, and I've noticed something about the art style. I feel like the style is very Mesopotamian. Does that make sense? Like, it's something I would see in Old Babylonian or even Old Egyptian carvings. Considering the content, was that intentional? 

Yeah I wonder what Adam thinks too...

I think Ben Affleck has put in some great performances here and there. He's a capable director as well. He was a **** Daredevil though. I think he's better at playing a Boston bro than an angsty vigilante. I thought Heath Ledger did a great job as the joker. The movie had problems, but I had a good time watching it. That's the joker you're talking about right?

Forming is inspired by Babylonian and Egyptian myths/images so it makes sense that it would give you that feeling although I don't think it's intentional. 

Posted

Tom H./Steve W, Andy R./Cole S., Seo K./Somvilay X., Jesse M./random freelancers, occasional offerings by Kent, Pen and Adam. I'm working on a solo board right now.

so there's gonna be another guest storyboard artist, still haven't found ako's replacement for official pairing yet?

where and how did they (the crew) find another guy for becoming a freelancer storyboarder? did they just asked some random guy with some art talent to do it or did they have to testing them to do storyboard test before it?

a solo episode by you?? wow, i can't wait!

Posted

OMG @Jmoyns is here

Hey Jesse who's your favorite character in AT? The character you like writing the most? Your most preferred pairing from these four: (Finn-PB, PB-Marcy, Finn-FP, Finn-Marcy)? Your favorite episode?

Woo

My favorite character to write for right now is Princess Bubblegum. But I want to work on a Flame Princess episode. I have some ideas. I can't tell you what pairing I prefer as that would lead you to make assumptions about the direction of the show's romance themes. 

Wow! Jesse Moynihan in the (cyber)flesh.

I have one question that's been bugging me... Do you know if Frederator will ever post the season 5.2 episode list? If not, I totes understand, I just want to know if it will ever show up.

Also, for season 6 you mentioned that Kent, Pen and Adam will do occasional episodes. Will they just be revising storyboards, or will they straight-up get storyboarding credit?

Anyway, it's so great to see you here!

I have no idea if Frederator plans on posting episode lists anytime soon. I'm not sure what the deal is. I like it when they post the ***les in advance. I don't know why it hasn't happened yet. 

Kent and Pen boarded an episode together. I don't know when it will air. I can't remember. Season 6? Or near the end of Season 5? This is bad info I'm giving. Sorry. 

so there's gonna be another guest storyboard artist, still haven't found ako's replacement for official pairing yet?

where and how did they (the crew) find another guy for becoming a freelancer storyboarder? did they just asked some random guy with some art talent to do it or did they have to testing them to do storyboard test before it?

a solo episode by you?? wow, i can't wait!

There's going to be a bunch of guests working with me. I haven't settled with a permanent partner. I'm doing two boards with Derek Ballard. About a year ago we sent out storyboard tests. I think over 100 people applied for the job. Some people from that hiring process got revisionist gigs and freelance gigs. 

3 people brofisted this

Posted

Jmoyns About season 6... it will have the same ammount of chapters of Season 5?

Posted

Jmoyns About season 6... it will have the same ammount of chapters of Season 5?

No, Season 6 will be normal size. 

Posted

Were there any super-awesome ideas for episodes that were ever scrapped that you recall?

Also, what was Doug TeNapel's contribution to the "Sons of Mars" script?

Posted

Were there any super-awesome ideas for episodes that were ever scrapped that you recall?

Also, what was Doug TeNapel's contribution to the "Sons of Mars" script?

Oh yeah, Doug Tenapel got a writer's credit for that, but I can't remember why. SoM was my idea and I hashed it out with Pen, Kent and Pat. I've never talked to Doug in my life, but maybe there was a story element in it that was seeded from an old idea of Doug's? I'm not sure. Sorry for the bad answer. 

Ideas for the show get thrown around and sometimes they are pretty cool and a whole lot of them get scrapped. Sometimes those scrapped ideas get resurrected though, so I can't really mention them because who knows...

Posted

No, Season 6 will be normal size. 

Thanks for the info. Oh, I have another question. There will be a shocking moment like a strong reveal in this season?

And other question that is in my mind so many time... There will be a chapter with another kind of animation (not character design) like A Glitch is a Glitch?

Posted

how do you fell about directional change of the show has become?

like from season 1, every episodes seems not too connected with other episodes and just like some random comedy adventure instead. But time after time, it seems they try to dig some character's backstory and the past, creating character's depth and the history of AT's world. Every latest episode seems had cliffhanger ending that make us curious what will happen next.

This makes the show much more interesting and become popular like nowadays, but still i miss some season 1 & 2's stuff where the two main characters having fight with some monsters and going for some adventures.

peace out!

Posted

Favorite super hero/ine/es?

Posted

This is awesome, keep it going. 

I can just imagine how much material you have to cut to end up with 11 minute episodes. Do you keep them somewhere? Any chance we (the masses) can see them in the future?

Cuz I'd buy the hell out of AT uncut. Just throwing it out there.

Posted

Thanks for the info. Oh, I have another question. There will be a shocking moment like a strong reveal in this season?

And other question that is in my mind so many time... There will be a chapter with another kind of animation (not character design) like A Glitch is a Glitch?

I can't specifically answer this, but I think you are in for some shocks at some point. 

how do you fell about directional change of the show has become?

like from season 1, every episodes seems not too connected with other episodes and just like some random comedy adventure instead. But time after time, it seems they try to dig some character's backstory and the past, creating character's depth and the history of AT's world. Every latest episode seems had cliffhanger ending that make us curious what will happen next.

This makes the show much more interesting and become popular like nowadays, but still i miss some season 1 & 2's stuff where the two main characters having fight with some monsters and going for some adventures.

peace out!

The season 1/2 vibe would be a hard thing to recapture. I wouldn't really want to do it. Every once in a while I like to do an episode that is just as funny and crazy as I can make it. But I don't feel beholden to that formula. As you live and write with a living beast like Adventure Time, you have to be flexible and ambitious. If I'm not pushing myself to the limit every time I write an episode then I feel embarrassed in front of my co-workers. Sometimes what that means is that we can trip and fall and mess up or produce a dud. But I think it also means that the show stays unpredictable and exciting and a step ahead of most other cartoons. In my opinion. 

Favorite super hero/ine/es?

My favorite cape hero is Doctor Strange. 

This is awesome, keep it going. 

I can just imagine how much material you have to cut to end up with 11 minute episodes. Do you keep them somewhere? Any chance we (the masses) can see them in the future?

Cuz I'd buy the hell out of AT uncut. Just throwing it out there.

Yes, in Season 5 there were certain episodes I boarded that ended up changing a lot. I plan on posting the original thumbnails after they air. Not because I'm mad they changed, but I think it would be interesting for people to see. 

Posted

There seems to be a lot of confusion over an alleged episode called "Short Step" involving Marceline. There was a screen cap posted with a synopsis attached to it, but it might be a fake. Does it sound familiar? 

Posted

If some of us here think of an episode suitable for Adventure Time, how should we contact you? Is it possible to work as an Adventure Time staff?

Another thing. I think the show is starting to focus on other things rather than the original heroism and "good vs. evil" elements. Will we have those stronger in the new seasons?

Posted

There seems to be a lot of confusion over an alleged episode called "Short Step" involving Marceline. There was a screen cap posted with a synopsis attached to it, but it might be a fake. Does it sound familiar? 

There is no episode called "Short Step"

If some of us here think of an episode suitable for Adventure Time, how should we contact you? Is it possible to work as an Adventure Time staff?

Another thing. I think the show is starting to focus on other things rather than the original heroism and "good vs. evil" elements. Will we have those stronger in the new seasons?

We don't accept episode ideas from outside of the crew. It's a legal thing. It is possible to get a job on Adventure Time. The best way to do it, is by being an art star already. You become an art star by being really good at drawing, and writing and making a reputation for yourself on the internet. Then usually what happens is, we will contact you and ask you if you want to do something for the show. 

Yeah we are exploring things more subtle than just good and evil. Good and evil exist, but there are also areas of gray that bring up lots of questions. It's fun to ask those questions. Finn is still a hero, but the world is getting more complicated for him. 

Posted

There is no episode called "Short Step"

We don't accept episode ideas from outside of the crew. It's a legal thing. It is possible to get a job on Adventure Time. The best way to do it, is by being an art star already. You become an art star by being really good at drawing, and writing and making a reputation for yourself on the internet. Then usually what happens is, we will contact you and ask you if you want to do something for the show. 

Yeah we are exploring things more subtle than just good and evil. Good and evil exist, but there are also areas of gray that bring up lots of questions. It's fun to ask those questions. Finn is still a hero, but the world is getting more complicated for him. 

I see. This answer is most unsavory. 

And on that note, I am out. Nice having you here, Jesse. You should come back soon. 

Posted

When you say the world is getting complicated for him, do you mean the world is becoming confusing, or Finn is realizing more?

Also, thank you for the information. I didn't know it was a legal thing. Would is still be a no if the staff take all the credit?

Sorry to spam you, one more thing. Do you know when the Season 3 DVD, as well as other DVDs, will come out? Will there be more commentaries with them? Those commentaries are the best.